Dance, learn, and meet friends
Lindy hop is such a big part of our social life, our outlet, our way to recharge our energy and inspiration. And right now, we miss all of those things! That’s why we have created a way to get together online to dance, train, learn, play, and hang out.
For a full week, we are opening up access to ALL of our online courses (that’s 90+ hours of classes) and invite you to join our zoom sessions where we train together, listen and learn about music, practice routines, and play games! It’s completely free! Join us now, bring your friends from everywhere, let’s meet and hang out!
This special week includes:
- All the swingstep.tv courses (that’s 90+ hours of classes): each course is designed for you to just press play and enjoy a real class experience (60-85 min. long) where your instructors not only guide you through each step, but even stay and practice with you! All courses also include instructions on how to practice without a dance partner
- Train Together: we meet online to practice together (via Zoom). We start with a common warm up to get into training spirit and then you’ll choose a swingstep.tv video to practice on. You can also ask for feedback or help during these sessions.
- Dance&Do: I’ll DJ my favorite songs and share fun facts about the artists or songs while you “Do”, we’ve had people playing card games, do gardening, dance or just have a cup of coffee with me.
- “Social” dis-dances: we will plug you into our local dance nights, so online and offline dancers can meet to “social” dance together. (The local dances are complying with all COVID rules!)
- Famous Routine practice: join us training routines like Tranky doo, Trickeration, Shim Sham and more.
- Quiz&Game: test your knowledge and learn about our history in our pop quizzes and games around swing music, history, artists and famous places in a fun interactive way.
Feeling shy with Zoom? You can join and keep your camera and mic off. It will be just like streaming.
On November 2nd, 2020, the access to the courses will be closed again, you don’t have to cancel anything, there will be no costs!
Feel free to invite more people. Just direct them to www.swingstep.tv so your friends can join, too!
I’m so excited for you to join!
Recently I had some online experiences that blew my mind. I had the “3am party at a large festival” feeling right in my living room, over a zoom call! This made me recognize that as dancers we have not tapped into the full potential of the online experience. Join me in exploring new online concepts for dancers.
Zoom Session Time Table
I’m running the sessions from Heidelberg, Germany, so all times listed are Central European Time. If you google e., 19:00 CET in “[your city]” you get direct conversion to your time zone.
Here are the courses and more:
“We really enjoyed the first video class at home. The format of having one long video for the whole session made it feel like being in a normal class with the additional benefit of always having the perfect perspective to the teachers. We liked it, that we didn’t have to press play and pause so we could focus only on the instructions and on dancing.” – Golnoosh and Samuel
People participating from everywhere
We have developed our own unique pedagogic methods. Our students’ feedback is that they feel comfortable and enjoy every minute of the class. The most named word in our feedback forms is fun! For more credentials, click here.
About your teachers
In these courses, you’ll get to know Kris and Ali, two passionate swing dance teachers from Germany. To learn more about them, click here.
Do I get support from a teacher if I don’t understand the video? How does the payment work? In what language do you teach?
To get answers to these and more questions, click here.